WeChat boasts over 1.2 billion active monthly usersand counting. Many financial firms use WeChat to communicate with their clients through WeCom and WeChat (previously called WeChat Work).
To remain compliant, however, regulatory firms must ensure that WeChat monitoring is executed in their firms. The communications should have been recorded, archived securely, and easily retrievable.
So, How Does WeChat Archive Work?
You can archive your WeChat history automatically when you use WeChat Client. This is also true for the app that you use on your phone. Your chat history can be accessed at any time. You can only delete messages manually.
If you cannot access your chat history on your phone or computer, then deletion could be a problem. Third-party WeChat Archiving Solutions can help you to recover your chat history.
How to Use WeChat Archive Chat Archiving
You don’t have to use third-party services, butkeeping a backup using the app’s built-in features is a good idea. Always remember that you should have enough storage space to store multiple backups. Below are the steps to backup the WeChat messages:
- Backup your device
- Use encrypted devices only for WeChat backups. Follow these steps to protect your PC
- Open the web version on your device of WeChat
- Click Settings > Backup & Restore.
- Your iPhone and iPad can connect to your desktop’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app on your phone and click Back up on your PC.
- You can backup all chats or a specific set of chats.
How to Find a WeChat Archive Chat
You have now successfully used WeChat’s built-in solutions for archiving your chat. Now, you are wondering where to find archived chat on WeChat. All active archived chats can be accessed in the regular chats section. Just follow the details below:
- Get in touch with your WeChat contacts.
- Tap on the contact’s name to reveal the chat.
- To recover the conversation, send a message
Importance of Connecting ToThird-Party WeChat Archive Tools
People might delete chats accidentally or deliberately on WeChat to hide their tracks. It doesn’t matter what the reason is. It can cause compliance problems for your company and make it difficult to investigate complaints. Third-party archiving tools provide the ability for administrators to create retention policies that are specific to business governance and legal compliance.
- You can search archive chats by using keywords. This allows you to find conversations related to customers or transactions.
- It can export your chats to PDFs so you can print them out and keep them electronically. You can also review them or share them as evidence.
- It records all conversations.
- Financial entities could be fined millions of dollars if they fail to back up chats correctly.
LeapXpert automates the entire process of capturing and archiving data. So you don’t need to worry about issues regarding WeChat archiving in iiroc. Our cloud service integrations make it easy to access data from anywhere. Alternatively, we offer an on-premises solution that provides highly controlled environments for those who require it. Contact us at